Monday, May 19, 2008

My money vs Her money

So, can I spend her child support on such silly things like RENT and BILLS? Why...YES

Answer: Child support is an award to a custodial parent, not to a child. It is designed to allow the custodial parent to maintain the child in the home. Given that, the custodial parent may use support money in any way. That includes the ability to use the support money to pay household bills. The money can be used for rent payments, for example, as that provides the child a place to live. The money can be used for groceries, medical bills, and any other expenses incurred by the custodial parent, even expenses not necessarily related to support of the child.

Im so tired of getting blamed for spending 'her money' and it being made out like Im living large on the child support checks. Kids are expensive. When you account for her rent, utilities, food, diapers, clothes and medicine theres not much left. Oh and lets not forget I need to pay for GAS to get to the store to buy her food. So yeah I can buy gas with that money too.

I make money and I recieve child support, Im going to school to get a degree and one day she and I will have a huge house and be fine, but right now I hardly ever buy anything for myself. Ask anyone who knows me, its all house-hold stuff and mostly stuff for Kaylee. Seriously check the backyard, shes got STUFF. Check the fridge, the food is all for her, and its all organic.

No comments: