Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Unpacking and Sorting

We went to Sacramento and this weekend and then through San Jose to get everything out of storage. It took forever and everyone was tired and sore at the end but I now have all my stuff and an upright piano that has been in my family now for over 50 years. I don't play piano but its spiffy and looks cool too.

I am now sorting through everything to repack it up to send Joey his stuff, and while having a bonfire at the beach would be so much easier and far more satisfying, I am sorting and dividing and packing. It would be far simpler if everything was marked "Tara's Stuff" or "Joey's Stuff" and I could sort it quicker. But no, everything was packed by the room it was in (Office, Livingroom, Kitchen etc) and so dividing up Xmas ornaments, photos and other misc items is taking up a lot of time, and space.

So I am sorting into 3 piles. My stuff, Stuff I don't want, and Joey's Stuff. The stuff I want to keep then will have to be sorted into 'house' and 'garage' and the garage stuff needs to be sorted into the back for storage and into the front for access (like bulk Cosco stuff, holiday tubbies etc). The stuff I don't want will be offered to Kim, Katie, Lorie and Reese first to sort through (mostly baby clothes shes grown out of), and then yard sale and then thrift store. The stuff of Joeys is being put in boxes and we will see how many it takes up, currently its 4+ boxes so we may have to look at crating it and sending it freight.

I cant wait till Im done. The garage will be organized, Joey's crap will be gone and the house will look awesome. Some day....

No comments: